Graco announces the release of the HydroShield Waterborne System. The new, operator-friendly finishing system gives manufacturers more reason to switch from conventional to electrostatic technology to spray waterborne material.
The HydroShield batch system, the first installment of the developing product line, gives operators the control to use Pro Xp™ WB air spray and air-assist electrostatic spray guns to spray waterborne material. The batch isolation system benefits industrial finishing operations in these ways:
- Refill without system shutdown: When the painter releases the spray gun trigger, the internal isolation pump refills itself from a supply source, improving productivity.
- Built-in safety: The automatic refill feature reduces the need to open the isolation cabinet. Reduced operator interaction means a safer workplace.
- Unique operator control: The controller interface allows users to select spray functions, stay informed of system status, and set a maintenance schedule.
- Better transfer efficiency: Using electrostatics to spray waterborne material means more paint lands on each part, compared to conventional spraying.
- Market-proven components: Comprised of Pro Xp WB guns, isolation pump, controller interface and other parts used in the marketplace for years, the HydroShield system brings Graco durability into one system.
“We designed the HydroShield system with the operator in mind. The controller keeps the operator informed of the system status and provides process control, which makes spraying high quality parts easy.”
said Wendy Hartley, Graco Product Marketing Manager for the Industrial Products Division.