Most of the changes will be on the 40 and 60ft machines. Depending on the model, capacities are increasing up to 1,000 lbs (454 kg) as well as personnel ratings, up to three persons.
“We’ve gone one step further with these new booms. Having a range with increased capacities means that operators are able to complete tasks more efficiently across all kinds of applications. The SJ63 AJ+ now features a class leading capacity rating of 660/1000 lbs (300/454 kg) – significantly greater than those offered by other manufacturers, with a three person capability to full height.”
said Corey Connolly, product manager at Skyjack.
The nomenclature for these machines will feature a “+” to identify the increased machine capacity, differentiating the new machines from their previous models.
Along with the increased capacities and personnel ratings, the new + models will also feature control system changes which better align with ELEVATE, Skyjack’s telematics solution.
“Adding dual capacities to the majority of booms was largely modeled after the success of the SJ85 AJ, which has been received with much acclaim since its launch. It was also important that when adding these new features to our booms that we also maintained the features which have been long associated with Skyjack.”
Skyjack’s current features include:
- EASYDRIVE™, direction sensing drive and steer controls regardless of turret position over chassis.
- AXLDRIVE™, an axle based drive system for excellent rough terrain traction.
- SKYCODED™, control system applies to all Skyjack booms.
- SKYRISER™, true vertical rise without drifting.
- SPEEDYREACH™, the lowering of the fly boom to ground level for re-stocking without lowering the riser apply to the SJ63 and SJ85 articulating booms.