Join Farm Credit, American Farm Bureau Federation, National Farmers Union, Michigan State University Extension and University of Illinois Extension for a virtual press announcement about a free, online course to help individuals identify signs of chronic stress and offer effective communication skills.
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. EDT
Location: Online – Register Here
- Todd Van Hoose, President and CEO, Farm Credit Council
- Zippy Duvall, President, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Mike Stranz, Vice President of Advocacy, National Farmers Union
- Cheryl L. Eschbach, Director, Health and Nutrition Institute, Michigan State University Extension
- Courtney Cuthbertson, Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist, University of Illinois Extension
Following the December 2019 announcement of a new farm stress management online training course for employees and members of Farm Credit, Farm Bureau and Farmers Union, these organizations have launched a free online training course available to the general public.
Developed by Michigan State University Extension (MSU Extension) and University of Illinois Extension (Illinois UIExtension), the course provides participants with skills to understand the sources of stress, manage their own stress, learn the warning signs of stress and suicide, identify effective communication strategies, reduce stigma related to mental health concerns and connect farmers and ranchers with appropriate mental health and other resources.
Mark Hayes, Farm Credit, 574.265.3989, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Atkinson, Farm Bureau, 757.576.1383, email@example.com
Hannah Packman, Farmers Union, 303.819.8737, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Farm Credit Council