Kinze has announced the new “05 Series” planters, the new 4705, 24 row 30” planter and narrow transport Mach Till.
The “05 Series” planters offer a number of enhancements that will increase the wear life of many components, simplify maintenance, improve performance and reduce the overall cost of planter ownership.
President of Kinze Manufacturing, Susanne Veatch, said:
“In this continued down ag economy, we know every penny counts toward the bottom line. Downtime is costly. Repairs are costly. Maintenance is costly. We regularly receive suggestions from our customers and dealers about how we can improve our products in these areas. We listened and have spent a significant amount of time engineering ways to reduce downtime and repairs and increase performance. I am proud of our team’s commitment to this project and I am excited to see these planter enhancements help our customers reach their profitability goals.”
Beginning with 2021 models, enhanced planters will be designated by a model number ending in “05.” Changes include:
- Row unit double parallel arm bushing with impregnated lubrication and double row bearing disc openers for extended wear life
- High-efficiency vacuum fans that run quieter with less hydraulic demand, utilizing 1.5” diameter vacuum hoses
- Redesigned bulk-fill seed delivery system that works with more crop types and at higher planting rates
- Firestone IVF radial tires on planter model 4905 for reduced compaction
- Large frame planter models 4905 and 4705 feature a variable displacement piston PTO pump, which provides a simpler planter operation and higher efficiency to reduce tractor HP demands
- Simplified hydraulics on the model 4905 planter improves serviceability and decreases planter lift times
Along with the 05 Series planters, Kinze is introducing a 24R30 configuration of the 4705 planter. This configuration features tires in front of the toolbar in a front fold configuration with industry leading 600 gallons of liquid fertilizer capacity. The 4705 is offered with Blue Drive electric drive and True Rate meters for Model Year 21. Kinze previously announced that its new 4700 narrow row planter series will debut in the 2020 planting season in a 36-row 20-inch configuration.
In addition to all the new and enhanced planter models, Kinze is introducing three new configurations of Mach Till that feature a narrow transport design to allow farmers to easily transport the units from field to field. Offered in 30’, 36’ and 41’ sizes in a three section frame, the units will fold for transport down to 13’2” and 16’ for the 41’ unit. The unit model numbers are 302, 362 and 412 with the number 2 representing the second generation of the Kinze Mach Till. These three models will feature maintenance free bushing design like the current 201 and 262 bi-fold Mach Till. This offers the customer a very low maintenance unit that is easy to operate and maintain. Introduction of the narrow transport Mach Till will be spring 2020.
To see some of these new products in person, visit Kinze’s booth at the National Farm Machinery Show February 12-15 in Louisville, Kentucky. On display will be a Blue Drive-equipped Kinze 4905 24R30 with our new True Speed™ high-speed planting system. Unlike our competitors’ products, True Speed™ was designed from its inception to operate accurately at 3mph, 12 mph and all speeds in between. With True Speed you can plant at your speed with confidence that you are not sacrificing singulation or spacing accuracy.