Continental is expanding its General Tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry with the addition of the General TE95 tire. The tire impresses with high traction, especially for soil compaction work in road and construction applications, and is equipped with V.ply technology. The first General Tire earthmoving tires were launched in early 2020 – the portfolio now includes a total of 33 sizes in the United States and Canada, which are used on wheel loaders, dozers, dump trucks, and scrapers as well as graders, skid steer loaders and backhoes.
General TE95: High stability and traction performance
The optimized tire contour of the General TE95 ensures even pressure distribution on construction vehicles, such as single-drum compactors, which keeps construction site soil smooth during compaction. Because sandy, muddy or stony soil can prove challenging, the General TE95’s geometric, robust tread blocks were also specifically designed to provide continuous traction performance in a variety of soil conditions.
Damage resistance and high load-bearing capacity thanks to V.ply technology
Its V.ply construction technology ensures strong sidewalls, providing optimal protection against punctures and cuts. V.ply technology combines the advantages of cross-ply tires and radial tires, by integrating a weave pattern of different strands laid out at special angles. Since the steel cord does not provide an optimal bond between the carcass and the rubber casing, V.ply technology uses a high-strength polymer.
The carcass of a General Tire V.ply tire consists of up to 22 layers of diagonal fibers embedded in three-wire cores and precisely aligned in a V-pattern. Unlike conventional cross-ply tires, the intersecting textile layers of a V.ply tire are arranged at an angle of approximately 30 degrees. Together with the sidewall layers, this provides increased tire stiffness and enables a higher level of stability and durability during sudden movements and cornering.
The comprehensive product portfolio for earthmoving applications
The General TE95 complements the existing General Tire Earthmoving range. As of now, Continental’s tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry in the United States and Canada consists of the following tires:
- General TE65: Low aspect ratio and wide base for wheel loaders and dozers used in heavy-duty digging and loading operations
- General TE191: Heavy-duty wheel loader tires for digging and loading operations
- General TE6: Bidirectional L3 tire ideal for skid steer loaders
- General TE188: Multi-purpose earthmover tire for ADT, RDT, loader and scraper applications
- General TE132: Wide base tire designed specifically for dump trucks in rough off-road conditions and shorter distance
- General TE11/A: Rugged tire design, for grading and loading work
- General Skid Steer SD: For a standard to light-duty skid steer loader operations
- General Skid Steer HD: For heavy-duty skid steer loader operations
- General Skid Steer XHD: For extra heavy-duty skid steer loader applications and varying surface conditions
- General Backhoe HD: All around backhoe tire suitable for varying surface conditions
- General Backhoe XHD: For heavy-duty backhoe applications and challenging tasks
- General TE95: Uniform pressure distribution thanks to a wide base, ideal for compaction work with compactors